Senior Econometrician – Leading Media Agency
- £55,000 - £65,000
- Central London
- Permanent Post, Agency-Side, Senior
- Data Science and Business Intelligence
One of the largest media agency groups in the world is seeking to hire a Senior Econometrician to join their wider data science team to optimise their capabilities to deliver insightful analytical measurement solutions which educate and guide their clients in relating to their customers’ needs and planning their marketing investments.
About the Company...
Recently, the agency in question has gone through a phenomenal integration project recently to bring all their services together under the same roof, so now is a very exciting time to join as they evolve into a flexible and easy going but hard working agency.
Having developed into a more established and fully-functioning company, there is much potential for somebody here who is looking to join more than simply a solutions provider— where autonomy is encouraged, experimentation is supported and collaborative opportunity present in abundance as more data related to sales becomes available from multiple sources.
They’re revolutionary in their approach and are making a name for themselves in devising inventive ways of providing results, working across a variety of industries ranging from telecoms, FMCG, utilities and retail. Progress is also being made in areas associated with artificial intelligence and machine learning, so platforms will be available to analysts in the company in this remit in the future.
About the Role...
As a Senior Econometrician, you’ll report into the Head of Data Modelling and work closely with the wider data science team of five, which consists of two junior econometricians and a data scientist. You’ll essentially act as a team leader for a growing department, but also be very hands on in terms of projects and have the most internal as well as external client exposure to translate recommendations, present insights and advise on improvements.
On a day to day basis, you will
- Manage client projects from end-to-end and across each stage from writing proposals through to presenting at client debriefs
- Build and develop client relationships, and using your initiative to identify additional analytical opportunities
- Manage two junior econometricians as well as a data scientist, training and developing the team to their full potential
- Work proactively to build relationships internally and support the other Group Insight and Data teams along with the wider agency to ensure that analytical insights are correctly understood and used to guide forecasting and optimisation
- Take responsibility for developing new techniques and products, promoting these internally and to our clients with regard to the data science product development
- 4 – 8 years’ experience in a similar econometrician, modelling or analytical role
- A blended background with time in client-side environments as well as media agencies or consultancies
- Advanced knowledge of statistics
- Exceptional applied experience of time-series econometric modelling, preferably with experience in marketing evaluation
- Understanding and awareness of analytical techniques beyond econometric modelling such as data mining, segmentation, predictive modelling or machine learning
- Strong Microsoft Excel, and experience of either R and SQL
- Skilled in one or more statistical package such as EViews, R or SPSS
- An honours’ degree in a numerate subject for example Maths, Statistics or Economics etc
- Curious and a creative problem solver who enjoys multitasking
- Methodical and with meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage, develop and work as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, and to tight deadlines
- Somebody who is autonomous and comfortable in completing the challenging tasks at hand
As well as working in some of the coolest media offices in their brand-new complex at Kings Cross, you’ll also have the chance to work alongside some of the industry’s most impressive and dynamic senior data professionals, who will present some career-altering opportunities to help strengthen, accelerate and optimise your portfolio of work as you contribute your expertise to some exciting projects.
- 25 days’ holiday per year with your birthday and an extra day of the Christmas season added on top!
- Flexi-time for tailored work life balance
- Annual bonus scheme
- Private medical scheme as well as one eye test per year paid for
- Life assurance at 4x your annual salary
- Income protection
- Access to a free & confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Interest-free season ticket loans travel to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free breakfast in the morning and fresh fruit throughout the day
- Corporate gym membership access with a choice of one of three
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised massages