Digital Designer - Pure Play Brand
- £27,000 - £35,000 DOE
- SW London
- Permanent Post, Client Side, Middleweight
- Design and Content, Digital Design
This niche online retailer is seeking a Digital Designer to join their in-house creative team in the leafy suburbs of SW London. Supporting the Head of Creative, you will be responsible for all digital creative across the ecommerce website and online campaigns.
About the Company...
This brand helped revolutionise our culinary lifestyles and in this highly competitive pureplay marketplace is focused on driving their brand forward with exceptional digital experiences. With everything creative under one roof (in house studio to boot!) they have created a fantastic culture and ethos which remains their core value even as the business grows rapidly from strength to strength. A superb brand to develop your career within, with broad responsibility and the opportunity to make a real difference.
About the Role...
Reporting into a highly experienced head of creative, this is a high-profile and varied role. It requires a mix of creative talent, technical ability and passion to provide compelling content for the website and social media, developing the online brand, and improving the website functionality and design.
- Design, develop and build high-quality, compelling content for the website and social media
- You will work alongside the other digital designers to drive forward the performance of the website – assisting with concepts and inputting to ongoing site improvements to UX
- Stay fully abreast of new online trends, technologies and advances in web design and identify opportunities to apply these
- Mentor and inspire the more junior members of the design team to ensure the core brand values and high standards of work are maintained
- You may also get a chance to flex your creative muscles by getting involved with photoshoots – taking end to end responsibility for the creative digital output for various campaigns and projects
- Using your strong understanding of UCD you will help maintain clean and crisp digital interfaces, ensuring the UX is always slick and the site is easy to navigate – driving conversion through your digital designs!
- Energetic individual with a keen eye for beautiful design and creating an amazing online customer experience
- You should have experience creating responsive, user centric designs for various devices including mobile, tablet, desktop.
- Experience working for another online retailer/ecommerce site is preferable, however agency experience or more general digital design experience will suffice
- Happy to commute to SW London (!)
- A natural flair for creative design, including layout/composition, typography, and aesthetic coherence
- Solid experience of digital design for web, email and social media in a commercial environment
- Skilled in basic HTML and CSS, with experience of responsive design techniques and able to update and edit existing code/templates
- Resourceful and independent - can work to deadlines and standards with a minimum of supervision
YOU MUST APPLY WITH YOUR PORTFOLIO/WORK EXAMPLES WHICH SHOULD DEMONSTRATE EXCELLENT PAST EXPERIENCE OF PRODUCING DIGITAL CONTENT (PREFERABLY FOR AN ecommerce SITE)
- 35% Staff discount
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- In-house café with a chef on hand to nourish you daily!