Web & UX Designer - Multichannel Retailer
- £27,000 - £32,000
- Permanent Post, Client Side, Middleweight
- Design and Content, Digital Design
With over a century’s worth of specialist retail expertise this business is a leader in their niche field. This British institution (!) are looking to bolster the onsite experience for their customers and are looking for a Web & UX designer to join their ecommerce team in the Oxfordshire HQ.
About the Company...
This British retailer are experiencing impressive revenue growth and as such are investing in their ecommerce store in a big way. The site experience and user journey are in need of some attention and so they’re looking to bring in a creative and technically astute Web & UX designer to focus on this in-house.
About the Role...
As the new Web and UX Designer you will produce creative solutions for the online store with the design team.
- You will be responsible for developing digital design solutions that meet business strategies from wireframe to delivery across their multi-channel, international business
- Confident developing the user journey from initial brief as well as ensuring the visual output is in line with the brands TOV
- Should have a good understanding of HTML/CSS in order to coordinate with developers and design with the eventual development in mind
- Confident marrying beautiful assets and content with strong interaction design to deliver exceptional onsite user experiences
- Support the digital designer with BAU – emails, banners, landing pages, social assets etc when required
- Strong digital design exposure preferably in an ecommerce brand or agency side working with online retail brands
- Experience of UX/UI design and usability best practice – able to conceptualise ideas and lead the design process with functionality & navigation working in harmony with the core visuals and imagery
- Confident wireframing and defining the user journey as well as designing beautiful visual design solutions
- Confident working through the lifecycle of a website – contributing ideas and concepts throughout the creative process and taking ownership of your briefs and projects
- Good understanding of HTML/CSS – able to work with the dev team and designing with the eventual development in mind
- Happy to work in a flexible and agile way – taking on adhoc projects and balancing priorities to ensure a seamless delivery across the website and digital marketing channels
- Knowledge of Dreamweaver would be advantageous