£25,000 - £30,000 (Central London)This British heritage has online expansion as the key focus for the business this year. As such they need an Ecommerce Digital Designer to join the team in Central London, to work across all digital design output to support their commercial objectives.
About the Company...
This well-known high street retailer with a strong brand presence is looking for a Digital Designer to join the ecommerce team and support with the production of digital design assets and marketing collateral. The business has never been more focused on the digital evolution of the brand and so it’s a great time to join and make your mark as part of a very strong online team.
About the Role...
In this role you will be expected to produce engaging and relevant site content and marketing to continue the expansion of the ecommerce site. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the development of their online store and become a key player in the growth of this hugely successful retailer’s next chapter.
- You will work across a variety of digital design projects – overseeing emails, site banners, onsite editorial pages and PDPs and other digital campaigns
- Working alongside the Digital Design manager and other designer you will be working to set the digital design/visual tone for the website and communications
- Not only will you take ownership of the group’s digital presence on the main website, you will work with the wider ecommerce team to ensure all digital collateral is on brand and delivering the most exceptional customer experience
- You will create a cohesive digital branding and TOV for the business taking responsibility for all digital assets and online visuals
- You will work collaboratively with the Head of Ecommerce & Design Lead to develop a more seamless online user experience across the site
- You will join a strong design function who serve as “brand guardians” across the business for all digital collateral and campaigns – ensuring a consistent brand identity across all channels and touchpoints
- Assisting with ongoing branding and UI projects – ensuring the content and site experience delivers the best onsite user experience possible!
- A highly creative and commercially minded designer with a keen eye for beautiful design and creating an amazing online customer experience
- Skilled in the basics of HTML and CSS – an ability to work with the eventual development in mind
- Experience of UX/UI design and usability best practice – able to conceptualise ideas and lead the design process with functionality & navigation working in harmony with the core visuals and imagery
- Resourceful and independent - can work to deadlines and group commercial objectives whilst never compromising on quality and digital design best practice
- Strong understanding of digital best practice – a creative problem solver!
- Confident with animation (creating innovative assets for digital channels) and also au fait with digital marketing design (email, display, social media etc)
- A keen interest in keeping up to date with industry trends – an awareness of what competitors are doing in the digital design/ecommerce industry
YOU MUST APPLY WITH YOUR PORTFOLIO/WORK EXAMPLES WHICH SHOULD DEMONSTRATE EXCELLENT PAST EXPERIENCE OF PRODUCING DIGITAL DESIGNS (PREFERABLY FOR AN ECOMMERCE SITE)