£38,000 - £50,000 (Central London)This specialist high-street fashion retailer is seeking a senior digital designer to help drive the digital experience of the brand forward, manage the midweight and ensure the brand is represented effectively across all channels.
About the Company...
As the business continues to invest heavily in their digital and ecommerce initiatives there couldn’t be a better time to join. There is huge focus on enhancing the customer journey for the brand’s loyal customers and a great opportunity to put your stamp on the digital output for this well-known business.
About the Role...
You will be the gatekeeper for all digital design output across their site and marketing channels. You will be overseeing the conception, creation, implementation and delivery of a seamless onsite user experience.
- You will be instrumental in driving the brands aesthetic across all digital design campaigns and assets, delivering compelling content for the responsive websites
- Managing and mentoring the midweight digital designer, you will make sure you deliver fantastic digital designs across the website and all online marketing collateral, driving brand awareness and (of course) traffic to the site!
- Working in a collaborative & innovative team, you will work with the wider business to plan and drive the delivery of all homepage, editorial pages, email, site graphics and banners and social media campaigns as well as supporting the print design output
- Using your understanding of UX/UI you will ensure all web pages and site collateral are easy to navigate and drive conversion for the ecommerce site
- You will ensure all digital designs are produced with the front-end development in mind – promoting a collaborative design and development process and making minor tweaks where necessary
- Make suggestions for improvements to the site and editorial features, keeping abreast of competitors brands and striving to create the most seamless and beautiful online user experiences
- Act as the brand ambassador for all online content ensuring that all digital touchpoints are in line with the brands creative vision
- Highly commercial digital designer– confident delivering beautiful onsite user experiences for an online retailer (ideally for a fashion brand)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with multiple stakeholders – you should have the gravitas to instruct on digital design best practice, aligning the onsite creative output with the core business strategy
- Hands on experience managing complex multichannel projects, ideally in a fast-paced retail environment
- Some management experience (leading one direct report) in an ecommerce and/or multichannel environment
- A passion for online with a keen interest in online shopping and the digital customer experience
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS – always designing with the development in mind
- Strong UX understanding – able to improve and drive forward the onsite experience for customers globally taking designs through from concept and wireframe to delivery
- Confident user of Sketch
- Staff discount
- 25 days holiday (and ability to buy more)
- Flexi time
- Season ticket loan