£40,000 - £50,000 (Central London)This luxury brand has a huge global following and a brilliant digital offering for their loyal customers. As their new Senior Digital Designer, you will concept, design and drive the online creative output for this brand from their central London HQ.
About the Company...
This brand is at the forefront of developing beautifully innovative, high-end & all-natural beauty products. They are experiencing exceptional global success and their UK business is a huge focus for the team moving into 2019. Now is a brilliant time to join and have a tangible impact on the brand’s ecommerce offering and ensure the website and digital assets resonate the ethos of the business.
About the Role...
Reporting into the Head of Creative you will be the gatekeeper for all digital design output across their UK site and marketing channels. You will be overseeing the conception, creation, implementation and delivery of a seamless onsite user experience.
- You will be instrumental in driving the brands aesthetic across all digital design campaigns and assets, delivering compelling content for the responsive websites
- Managing and mentoring the junior digital designer, you will make sure you deliver fantastic digital designs across the website and all online marketing collateral, driving brand awareness and (of course) traffic to the site!
- Working in a collaborative & innovative team, you will work with the wider business to plan and drive the delivery of all homepage, editorial pages, email, site graphics and banners and social media campaigns as well as supporting the print design output
- Using your understanding of UX/UI you will ensure all web pages and site collateral are easy to navigate and drive conversion for the ecommerce site
- You will ensure all digital designs are produced with the front-end development in mind – promoting a collaborative design and development process and making minor tweaks where necessary
- You will support on ad-hoc art direction for digital campaigns and ensure all assets are aligned with the brands guidelines and support the wider business objectives
- Make suggestions for improvements to the site and editorial features, keeping abreast of competitors brands and striving to create the most seamless and beautiful online user experiences
- Act as the brand ambassador for all online content ensuring that all digital touchpoints are in line with the brands creative vision
- Highly commercial digital design lead – confident delivering beautiful onsite user experiences for an online retailer
- Strong interpersonal skills & communicator. Confident working with multiple stakeholders with the gravitas to instruct on digital design best practice, aligning the onsite creative output with the core business strategy
- Hands on experience managing complex multichannel projects, ideally in a fast-paced retail environment
- Strong management experience overseeing a junior in an ecommerce and/or multichannel environment
- A passion for online with a keen interest in online shopping and the digital customer experience
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS – always designing with the development in mind
- Strong UX understanding – able to improve and drive forward the onsite experience for customers globally taking designs through from concept and wireframe to delivery
- A passion for Luxury and Beauty (ideally having worked in a luxury/premium retail environment) and a desire to serve as brand guardian for an exceptional business
- Confident leading creative concepts through to fine tuning and delivery of projects/campaigns
- Staff discount
- Guaranteed holiday over Christmas (unheard of in retail)