Posted: 11th of December 2018 by Tessa Fyson
Why waiting until January to recruit for a role is the biggest mistake you can make – A Christmas warning!
Dear Hiring Managers, Directors, CEO’s and Team Managers,
It is Tuesday 11th December 2018 and you are finally giving yourself a break. The business and team are starting to slow down, and the Christmas break is well and truly in sight. Let’s be honest though, you already have a list forming of what needs to happen in 2019 and your diary for January seems to be full. So surely it makes sense to get as much done as you can before Christmas? Don’t you tell your employees and team members daily that the more work they do now, the less they must contend with later?
The following may have happened:
- A team member has left unexpectedly, and you are yet to recruit for the position (it's on the January 2019 to do list)
- A team member has left and been gone for a few weeks now and your usual agencies are not coming through with any good candidates
- Your company is growing, and you know you need the extra support for 2019
- You have projects starting next year and whether it be contract or a fixed term contract, you need the extra Ecommerce specialist man power!
I am not going to preach about the process of recruitment, as I am sure you have heard enough and done it on enough occasions. So, with this knowledge in mind why are you waiting till January to start the search?
Why you need to contact recruitment agencies now!
It is well known knowledge, and a fact we do not mind divulging, that the first week of January is by far the busiest for candidates applying for jobs. Even when the recruitment websites still hold the old jobs from December, candidates go nuts to get their name on the list. (Nothing scares an employee more who hates their job, waking up on the first day back in January and realising they have another year of their role!)
So, does it not make sense to get your job descriptions to recruiters now? Calling recruiters (by the way pandas LOVE to talk) and going through the specification with them means you are at the top of the search list in January. Contrary to popular belief you will get applications in December, but YOU MUST make sure your vacancy is out there for the first week of January.
Better prepared, better quality
If you find the right recruitment agency, with a good network of candidates and a professional attitude then they can usually make a quick turn around on a job search. But I will stress again, January is insanely crazy for recruiters! Candidates are applying like mad and all brands now decide they need to grow their team to start the year.
Get at the front of the queue! Make sure your recruitment agency has your job specification, is advertising the role and has candidates in mind. Then, when January hits they will get back to you quicker, have more options for you and you will already be on the big wide web with your vacancy.
- PUT YOUR COMPANY AT THE FRONT OF THE QUEUE
- BEAT THE JANUARY RUSH AND HAVE YOUR VACANCY ADVERTISED NOW
- ADVERTISED NOW CAN TAKE THE PRESSURE OF IN JANUARY
- GET THE CANDIDATE RUSH APPLYING FOR YOUR VACANCY
It makes perfect sense doesn’t it? So, what are you waiting for? Give us a call or drop us an email!