£80,000 - £100,000 (London)This specialist retailer is looking for an experienced commercial lead to own the sales strategy and of the brand. As the 2nd key hire for this disruptive start-up brand you will help define and execute the business strategy, working with the CEO to build a strong multichannel proposition.
About the Company…
This business champions extraordinary taste in their products and are set to become the challenger brand of the drinks industry in 2020. With over a decade of research and development behind the product the vision is clear, and the brand is gearing up to launch imminently. With strong investment and a highly experienced CEO at the helm they are seeking a commercial lead to strategize & scale their sales operation across the UK (on-trade, off-trade and ecommerce) & subsequently EU.
About the Role…
We are looking for someone to own the commercial operations for the business including all on-trade, off-trade and digital channels. Reporting into the CEO, you will work together to create real market presence, accelerating the brand forward as the taste-maker’s choice for an alternative drinks experience.
- An expert in multichannel retail strategy, with strong commercial track record
- Full P&L responsibility and budget accountability for the business as it launches and subsequently scales its operations
- Confident scaling the business sales aggressively, driving brand awareness/engagement and growing revenue & increasing market share
- Align quickly with the CEO on short-term and long-term commercial objectives for the brand, creating a cohesive business strategy and hiring plan
- Define the on-trade & off-trade strategy as a priority, executing new initiatives to achieve sales and grow brand awareness across all territories
- Make recommendations to continuously hone the strategy for retail partnerships and avenues for market entry across the UK both online and offline
- Work with internal stakeholders, external contributors & agencies to accelerate the growth of the brand both on and offline
- Drive the business forward with your in-depth knowledge of the industry, developing pricing plans, overseeing sales reporting and align on winning strategies (based on consumer insight).
- Proven experience in a commercial leadership role for a drinks/food retail brand - an in-depth knowledge of managing successful on & off trade relationships
- A proven track record of commercially enhancing a brand and multichannel business – ideally working within the drinks industry or FMCG brands
- Confident taking a premium product and “challenger brand” to market, with an appetite to spearhead the commercial strategy for the business
- Ability to adapt ideas and concepts to specific brand guidelines while remaining open to feedback & collaborating with the founders and CEO
- Strong understanding of multichannel retail and how to leverage success not just from D2C channels but also 3rd party retail relationships and offline retail strategy
- Exceptional on & off-trade experience with ambitions to run the commercial operations of a start-up with an outstanding brand proposition
- An entrepreneurial mindset with exceptional commercial instincts
- Analytical with drive for results and excellence
- Proactive, tenacious & highly motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Generous compensation