Senior Ecommerce Category Manager - British High-Street Retailer
- Central London
- Permanent Post, Client Side, Senior
- Ecommerce, ecommerce manager, online trading
With over a centuries worth of retail success, this retailer is entering the next phase of their digital development. With their transactional site due to launch this year, they need a Category Manager to join the ecommerce team and be responsible for managing the product flow, and maintaining the product catalogue.
About the Company...
This family run business is steeped in over a hundred years of British heritage and history. They are admittedly entering the digital arena behind many of their competitors and have been growing a digital team to build up to the launch of a successful online store. As such, they are seeking an experienced Category Manager to join their London team and head up the Beauty, Concessions and Womenswear categories.
About the Role...
- Be a key member of the multi-channel team helping to create the product flow processes
- Plan the website categorisation and hierarchy
- Create and set up all product attributes
- Be responsible for implementing and removing promotional offers
- Report on sales, AOV and conversion
- Monitor onsite product searches and make updates as required
- Oversee ratings and reviews
- Ensure changes are made to improve conversion and visibility of underperforming lines
- Ensure all new product launches are communicated to the relevant teams
- Suggest products to be featured in emails and social media
- Liaise with B&M on new product launches and brands, and feedback on sales and stock cover
- Use analytics to make improvements to sales and conversion
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Confident in managing stakeholders at all levels
- Detail conscious and systematic in approach to work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to listen effectively and interact at all levels within the organisation
- 4-6 years’ experience in an ecommerce trading or category team
- Experience of Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Formally Demandware) advantageous but not essential
- Experience of using a PIM tool
- Management experience
- Experience in working for a multi-channel fashion retailer ideally a department store