Digital marketing recruitment is one of the core specialisms here at cranberry panda! We love working with talented digital marketing candidates in this space. But, what motivates them in their careers?
Knowing what drives candidates is essential for talent attraction and retaining your team members. So, we're going to share some key points to help with this!
Using unseen teasers from our upcoming '2021 ecommerce salary survey & insights report', we're going to share big motivations of digital marketing professionals.
Our stats are from questionnaire respondents across digital marketing, email marketing and performance marketing.
Digital Marketing salary expectations
In a competitive market, salary can often sway a candidates decision. When moving to a new role, what salary changes do digital marketing professionals expect?
- The same salary: 9% of digital marketing respondents would accept the same salary when moving to a new job
- 5% increase: 9% of respondents would expect a 5% increase
- 10% increase: 38% shared that they would like to see a 10% salary increase for their next role
- 15% increase: 15% of marketing professionals would expect a 15% salary increase to join a new company
- 20% increase: 16% would want to see a 20% salary increase if they were to move roles
- More than 20% increase: Finally, 13% of our senior ecommerce respondents would want an increase of more than 20%
Digital Marketing career goals in 2021
When it comes to their career goals, what do digital marketing professionals hope to achieve this year and beyond? Here are a few teasers - remember to keep these in mind when hiring digital marketing talent!
- Career progression: This is a big one for digital marketing respondents! Always make sure employees know where they are heading in your company. For potential candidates, highlighting a roadmap for progression in the hiring process will certainly make you stand out.
- Learn new skills: Digital marketing is fast paced and there's always something new to learn. Talent like to feel that they are keeping up to date with the latest trends, tools and skills. Think about how you can help them do this.
- Creating a better work-life balance: It's no secret that digital marketing employees have plenty to do...but is it taking over their personal life too? From flexible working to work from home allowance, there are ways you can help them strike the perfect balance.
Are you hiring digital marketing talent?
We have a huge network of digital marketing talent, who are on the lookout for a new opportunity. Click below to learn more about our digital marketing recruitment service and get in touch today!