Ecommerce executive search is a competitive market - how can you attract the top digital talent to your business?
It's not just about attraction either, as retaining staff is a big topic for 2021 following such a turbulent year. The last thing a big ecommerce company wants is the digital director or head of ecommerce to join a competitor.
So, what is important to senior digital talent today? Using unseen teasers from our upcoming '2021 ecommerce salary survey & insights report', we're going to share big motivations of senior ecommerce professionals.
Our stats are from questionnaire respondents who specified they were senior managers to directors.
Senior ecommerce salary expectations
When moving to a new role, what salary changes do senior ecommerce professionals expect? We often see very generous remuneration for these senior roles, so are you meeting expectations?
- The same salary: 11% of senior respondents would accept the same salary when moving to a new job
- 5% increase: 3% of respondents would expect a 5% increase
- 10% increase: 22% shared that they would like to see a 10% salary increase for their next role
- 15% increase: 25% of senior professionals would expect a 15% salary increase to join a new company
- 20% increase: Another 25% would want to see a 20% salary increase if they were to move roles
- More than 20% increase: Finally, 14% of our senior ecommerce respondents would want an increase of more than 20%
Ecommerce career goals in 2021
When it comes to their career goals, what do senior ecommerce professionals hope to achieve? Here's a few teasers - these are important to understand when hiring for senior team members.
- Creating a better work-life balance: It's no secret that senior ecommerce employees have plenty to do...but is it taking over their personal life too? From flexible working to work from home allowance, there are ways you can help them strike the perfect balance.
- Career progression: Getting to that dream management position is a huge achievement. However, progression comes in other forms. For example, senior management courses are on hand to allow your senior employees to always stay updated on the best approach to their management responsibilities. Furthermore, at this point in their career they want new challenges...how can you keep their role fresh?
- Building a personal brand: You might think this would be down to the individual, but not always. Encouragement is key - why not find great events for senior employees to try their hand at speaking opportunities. It not only builds their brand, but your company brand too!
Are you hiring senior ecommerce talent?
We have a huge network of senior ecommerce and digital talent, who are on the lookout for a new opportunity. Click below to learn more about our ecommerce senior appointments service and get in touch today!