Digital Design & creative recruitment is one of the longest standing specialisms here at cranberry panda! Getting to know our creative candidates and helping them secure a new digital design job is important to us. It's also integral to our process when we know exactly what motivates these creative individuals.
Knowing these motivations is essential for your eCommerce and digital design talent attraction strategy. So, we're here to help you out!
Using detailed analysis from our '2021 ecommerce salary survey & insights report', we're going to share big motivations of digital design, content and creative professionals.
Digital Design salary expectations
eCommerce is a competitive space, so the salary on offer can often sway a candidates decision. When moving to a new role, what salary changes do digital design professionals expect?
- The same salary: 21% of digital design & creative respondents would accept the same salary when moving to a new job
- 5% increase: 5% of respondents would expect a 5% increase
- 10% increase: 42% shared that they would like to see a 10% salary increase for their next role
- 15% increase: 11% of creative professionals would expect a 15% salary increase to join a new company
- 20% increase: 11% would want to see a 20% salary increase if they were to move roles
- More than 20% increase: Finally, 10% of our digital design respondents would want an increase of more than 20%
Digital Design career goals in 2021
When it comes to their career goals, what are digital design & creative respondents hoping to achieve this year and beyond? Here are a few of the most popular answers - remember to keep these in mind when hiring digital design talent!
- Career progression: This is a big one for digital design respondents and across all of the respondents as a whole! It's important for candidates, and existing employees, to know what a company has planned in terms of a career roadmap. For potential candidates, highlighting a roadmap for progression in the hiring process will certainly make you stand out from other companies.
- Improve work productivity: During the pandemic, employees had to quickly adapt to a new way of working...this would of course change the productivity of people initially. It seems design & creative individuals want to keep working on this, especially as more companies adopt a hybrid approach to working.
- Creating a better work-life balance: Digital design & creative employees have a lot to do...is this affecting their home life? From flexible working to work from home allowance, there are ways you can help them create a harmonious balance.
Are you hiring digital design talent?
We have a huge database of digital design talent - many of them are currently on the lookout for an exciting opportunity. Click below to get in touch with our team about your digital design recruitment needs!