With LinkedIn being one of the most important head hunting tools, it is important that your LinkedIn profile is well optimised. Here are some simple tips from cranberry panda on how to improve your LinkedIn profile.
Improve your LinkedIn profile: your optimisation checklist
We often headhunt using LinkedIn, but we notice some of the best candidates don't update their profiles and could potentially slip through the net. We don't want this to happen, and you certainly don't either, so we’ve compiled a list for you on how to improve your LinkedIn profile page.
- Profile photo: we’re not fussy when it comes to looks but it’s really nice to put a name to a face, and make sure you're flashing a smile too. Here are some tips to help you take the perfect LinkedIn profile photo.
- Heading: this can be different to your current position, so make sure your title is "search" friendly, and bare in mind that LinkedIn only shows the first 45 characters of your title when you appear in search results.
- Roles: under each role list around 4/5 things you achieved in each role
- Personal Summary: this is your chance to sell you. What do you do? What is your USP?Personal branding is important. Don't forget to add details about the company you're currently working for
- Apps: use apps such as slideshare if you have presentations worth sharing.
- Recommendations: 1 or 2 genuine recommendations can be as worthy as 50. Quality not quantity, and even better now that LinkedIn no longer use the requirement of a minimum of three for a 100% completed profile.
- Skills: be honest, if you’ve got it flaunt it! Us ecommerce consultants search through these to see if you’re compatible with potential roles, so add all of the skills you have under your belt, and don't forget to add these skills in your summary under the heading Specialties.
- Groups: you can join up to 50 groups which are great for interacting with your industry peers, discussions and polls that relate to you and building your personal brand.
What are you waiting for? Get cracking...
Already improved your LinkedIn profile?
Sounds like it's time to start looking for a new opportunity... Take a look at the latest ecommerce jobs and start applying!